6.20.2013

Snakes. Why’d it have to be snakes?

Since it is a gloomy day and I had way much coffee, I'm back!  But Allison, that doesn't make any since.  Why would you not find something else to do with all of the energy the coffee gave you?  Well the lesson here is so never drink too much coffee on an empty stomach.  I had three cups, a peach, decided to go upstairs to workout and all of the sudden I felt like I was going to be sick.  And so thus, I am here feeling dog tired and wiry all at once.  I've been trying to give up coffee, but it really doesn't help that my dad has acquired all these wonderfully fancy and delicious types of coffee (some being from Hawaii) and I really have no will power.  So I apologize for my jumpiness in advanced.

Unfortunately, that last post concludes our trip on the Big Island. :( Buuuuuut, now we get to move on to the much more beautiful and exotic portion where we stayed on the Island of Kaua'i!

Kaua'i is actually pretty famous.  Tons of movies were filmed there (Pirates of the Caribean, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park to name a few) because it is just so jaw droppingly beautiful and remote.  It is populated, but even like 5 miles away from the airport is miles of completely undeveloped land. 

So naturally, I had a hay day with picture taking. 

Our hotel happened to be surrounded on either side with miles and miles of trails and beaches.  But this first post is just me exploring the beauty of the hotel.  Not to many, but don't worry - there is plenty more to come.

This is probably my favorite shot out of everything I took this entire trip.


The endangered Monk Seal! There is this really neat foundation there that comes and blocks the Monk Seal off from obnoxious tourists that might get too close (guilty!) whenever there is a sighting.

Just chillin at the hotel.  Like a villain.

No comments:

Post a Comment