6.25.2013

The Tales of a Dauntless Journey.

Hello!  I've been away for a while again.  I swear, things just keep coming up....  So much for an lackadaisical summer.  Oh well. :) Back to Hawaii!!!

Still on the island of Kaua'i, and now the real adventures begin.  To the left of the hotel beach begins a path or hiking trail that is supposedly about 2.5 miles there and 2.5 back.  Let me just say that I have run cross country, track and field, countless 5Ks (I have even won a few), and a half marathon.  There was no way that one way was only 2.5 miles.  But I still had a blast.  Although when it was over I had sand in places I didn't know I could get sand in and was so tired and hot that I could do nothing the rest of the day except sleep.  And I am no stranger to lots of exercise and was/am in pretty good shape.  Enough of me telling you about it, I'm just gonna show it to you.  It was so amazingly beautiful the ENTIRE time that I really can't complain because it was so worth it.



Told you the sights were fabulous!

funky root shot

Love this picture!  It makes you think.


I apologize for the weird angel.  Not fond of it myself.

My beau striking a pose! 


BROrathian Hair and House TYYYRELL face.

They are adorable!  Love them!






They are like ducklings! My sister isn't usually the one leading the hike FYI.


I also really love this shot.  The mollusks are everywhere!



This place actually had such good shelling, we came back three other times just to shell!


You can kind of see the local fishing with just a net in the distance.


There were lots of these in this one particular spot.  Not exactly sure why, although someone speculated that it was burial markers.

They felt soooooo accomplished after scaling this wall!  Hear about it the entire rest of the trip....





Probably one of my favorite shots on this trip.  It's breathtaking.



MONK SEAL!!!  The thing on his back is a radio.

Right after this picture he started freaking out and moving toward me, so I literally ran away screaming.

That's it for now, but I hope you all enjoy the beautiful scenery! It's kinda boring in the sense that there is no clear subject and its just landscape after landscape.  Next time there will be more fun stuff.  I think.

Thanks for reading!

I thought you said Winter was Coming???

No comments:

Post a Comment